*Students who complete the Fire Academy will receive certifications and training in the following:
- NC Firefighter Certification
- TIMS-Traffic Incident Management System
- CPR-Cardiovascular Pulmonary Resuscitation
- HazMat Level I Responder
- Rescue Intervention Team Training
The Fire Academy of Sampson Community College is designed to:
- Provide a cadet with a basic knowledge of fire service operations.
- Provide entry level skills required by a majority of fire departments throughout the nation.
- Provide a cadet with skills to develop teamwork, a positive attitude and public service commitment.
Overall – The purpose is to satisfy the successful completion of the manipulative and academic training requirements as established by OSFM (Office of State Fire Marshal) to be certified as a NC Fire Fighter.
Note: All classes are offered as individual classes. If a student needs to attend a one, two or etc. classes to complete his certification, then we are allowing them to do so.