*Students who complete the Fire Academy will receive certifications and training in the following:
- NC Firefighter Certification
- TIMS-Traffic Incident Management System
- CPR-Cardiovascular Pulmonary Resuscitation
- HazMat Level I Responder
- Pump Operations
- EVD-Emergency Vehicle Driver
The Fire Academy of Sampson Community College is designed in two parts.
- Provides a cadet with a basic knowledge of fire service operations.
- Provides entry level skills required by a majority of fire departments throughout the nation.
- Provide a cadet with skills to develop teamwork, a positive attitude and public service commitment.
- Provides a cadet with the knowledge of pump operations and emergency vehicle driver (EVD) training.
- Provides a cadet with credits to apply toward Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Certification.
Overall – Part I’s purpose is to satisfy the successful completion of the manipulative and academic training requirements as established by OSFM (Office of State Fire Marshal) to be certified as a NC Fire Fighter. Part II fulfills requirements for cadets to become certified and seek employment opportunities in an entry-level position as a fire fighter in the public or private sectors.
Note: All classes are offered as individual classes. If a student needs to attend a one, two or etc. classes to complete his certification, then we are allowing them to do so.