Sampson Community College is excited to offer financial assistance for all students for the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters.
Soar with Sampson funding opportunities will allow more students to enter into the workforce, complete their degrees, and/or transfer to four years institutions. Sampson Community College expects that Soar with Sampson will create a more affordable path to your future.
Are you interested in one of our Short-term training programs? These programs include Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy, EMT, and NC Firefighter Certification, among others. Students are eligible for Soar with Sampson funding opportunities through the Viking Works Scholarship. Click below to access information about the Viking Works Scholarship and to apply!
- Assistance may be available for DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) students enrolled in eligible continuing education workforce training courses.
If you plan to pursue a degree program (Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, etc.) then complete the form below. Degree-seeking students are eligible for various Soar with Sampson funding and scholarship opportunities.
Who is eligible?
- has received a High School Diploma or a High School Equivalency Diploma or be enrolled at SCC as a Career & College Promise (CCP) high school student
- be enrolled in a degree-seeking program for the 2021 fall semester
- be a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes
- meet Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements (SAP)
- Complete a residency determination request through the North Carolina Residency Service (RDS)
- Complete the Sampson Community College admissions application
- Complete the 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Use SCC School ID: 007892
Sampson Community College is so excited to have these affordable opportunities available to students so that they can Soar at Sampson. We will continue to update students via this webpage and social media and we receive more information and more opportunities!
If you have questions, please utilize the following resources:
Important Note: Federal relief funds allocated to the Soar with Sampson program will be awarded only after applicants apply and register at Sampson Community College and complete a FAFSA. These funds were made available to Sampson Community College and other colleges by Congress under Section 18004(a)(2) of the Education Stabilization Fund of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (“CARES”) Act, and by the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III) which is authorized by the American Rescue Plan (ARP), Public Law 117-2, signed into law on March 11, 2021. Some applicants will also qualify for the NC Longleaf Commitment Grant (2021 high school graduates), Foundation scholarships, and other funding sources. The Soar with Sampson program intends to cover unmet needs and the Office of Financial Aid will evaluate eligibility for federal, state, and local grants prior to awarding Soar with Sampson funds.
Soar with Sampson is contingent on available funding.