Students who find it necessary to withdraw from a course or the College during the semester must follow the procedures outlined in the College Catalog to officially withdraw from classes and be eligible for any refund of tuition and fees.
- Obtain a withdrawal form (Registration Change Notice Form) from Student Services or from the student’s advisor;
- Have the form signed by the instructor(s) for the class(es) from which the student is withdrawing;
- Submit the completed form to Student Services for final approval. The withdrawal form should be completed within ten (10) calendar days of the first day of class and prior to or on the 10% point of the semester. Withdrawals that are not processed by these staff and subsequently signed by the student are unofficial and are not eligible for refunds.
REQUIRED TO RECEIVE TUITION REFUND
Tuition refund for students shall not be made except under the following circumstances:
- (A) A 100 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws prior to the first day of class(es) of the academic semester as noted in the College calendar. Also, a student is eligible for a 100 percent refund if the class in which the student is officially registered is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment. (B) A 75 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class(es) prior to or on the official 10 percent point of the semester. (C) For classes beginning at times other than the first week (seven calendar days of the semester), a 100 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to the first class meeting. A 75 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to or on the 10 percent point of the class.
- To comply with applicable federal regulations regarding refunds, federal regulations will supersede the State refund regulations stated in this rule.
- Where a student, having paid the required tuition for a semester, dies during that semester (prior to or on the last day of examinations of the College the student was attending), all tuition and fees for that semester may be refunded to the estate of the deceased.