Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the College is cancelling all May 2020 graduation and pinning ceremonies. We intend to postpone these events and celebrate our students’ achievements at a later date if permitted. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Announcement and Update page.
The following institutional requirements for graduation must be met:
- All course requirements for the student’s selected curriculum must be successfully completed with at least 25 percent of the curriculum requirements completed through Sampson Community College.
- No more than 25 percent of the curriculum course requirements must be gained through proficiency examinations or experiential learning credit.
- A GPA of 2.00 (“C”) must be attained for courses with the student’s program of study.
- All financial obligations and Library obligations at the College must be met.
Graduation Application Deadlines:
- Students that complete their program in Fall 2019: November 1, 2019
- Students that complete their program in Spring/Summer 2020 : March 9, 2020
**Please Note: You must submit a separate graduation application for each degree or diploma.
- Login to WebAdvisor to review your transcript and determine that you may be eligible to graduate.
- Submit your application for graduation online.
- Your graduation application will be reviewed by the appropriate Department Chair and Registrar
- Once reviewed, the Registrar’s office will notify you, via letter, whether or not your application is approved, along with further graduation information.
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the College is cancelling all May 2020 graduation and pinning ceremonies. We intend to postpone these events and celebrate our students’ achievements at a later date if permitted.
- Each graduate who indicates they are walking in the Spring ceremony will receive at least 4 guest tickets. Final ticket count will be determined after the graduation application deadline. All guest, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
- Students who do not apply for graduation by the published application deadline will not have tickets reserved.
- Tickets may be picked up in Student Services on April 27 & April 28 from 9 AM – 6 PM.
- Lost tickets will not be replaced.