The following institutional requirements for graduation must be met:
- All course requirements for the student’s selected curriculum must be successfully completed with at least 25 percent of the curriculum requirements completed through Sampson Community College.
- No more than 25 percent of the curriculum course requirements must be gained through proficiency examinations or experiential learning credit.
- A GPA of 2.00 (“C”) must be attained for courses with the student’s program of study.
- All financial obligations and Library obligations at the College must be met.
Graduation Application Deadlines:
- Students that complete their program in Fall 2020: October 15, 2020
- Students that complete their program in Spring/Summer 2021 : February 1, 2021
**Please Note: You must submit a separate graduation application for each degree or diploma.
- Login to WebAdvisor to review your transcript and determine that you may be eligible to graduate.
- Submit your application for graduation online.
- Your graduation application will be reviewed by the appropriate Department Chair and Registrar
- Once reviewed, the Registrar’s office will notify you, via email, whether or not your application is approved, along with further graduation information.
- Due to ongoing COVID restrictions, the College is considering alternatives for the 2020-2021 graduation ceremony. Most likely, we will need to hold multiple outdoor graduation ceremonies on our campus.
- Please mark your calendars for Saturday, April 17. Ceremony times and details will be communicated as soon as possible.
- Each graduate who indicates they are walking in the Spring 2021 ceremony will receive guest tickets. Final ticket count will be determined after the spring application deadline. All guest, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
- Students who do not apply for graduation by the published application deadline will not have tickets reserved.
- Ticket pick up date TBD.
- Lost tickets will not be replaced.
- Graduates participating in the ceremony wear a cap, gown, and a tassel.
- To purchase regalia, you may click the link below to purchase from Herff Jones. https://collegegrad.herffjones.com
- All orders must be submitted by Tuesday, March 23, 2021. Orders placed after this date may incur additional fees.