The following institutional requirements for graduation must be met:
All course requirements for the student’s selected curriculum must be successfully completed with at least 25 percent of the curriculum requirements completed through Sampson Community College.
1. No more than 25 percent of the curriculum course requirements must be gained through proficiency examinations or experiential learning credit.
2. A GPA of 2.00 (“C”) must be attained for courses with the student’s program of study.
3. All financial obligations and Library obligations at the College must be met.
Graduation Application Deadlines:
Students that complete their program in Fall 2021: October 15, 2021
• Students that complete their program in Spring/Summer 2022: February 1, 2022
• Applications are required whether or not you intend to participate in the graduation ceremony.
**Please Note: You must submit a separate graduation application for each degree or diploma.
• Login to Self-Service to review your transcript and determine that you may be eligible to graduate.
• Submit your application for graduation online.
• Your graduation application will be reviewed by the appropriate Department Chair and Registrar.
• Once reviewed, the Registrar’s office will notify you, via email, whether or not your application is approved.
• Ceremony date, time and details will be communicated as soon as possible.
• Students must indicate on the Application for Graduation if they plan to walk in the Spring ceremony.
• Students who do not indicate they are walking in the Spring ceremony will not have tickets reserved.
Each graduate who indicates they are walking in the Spring ceremony will receive guest tickets. Final ticket count will be determined after the graduation application deadline. All guests, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
• Students who do not apply for graduation by the published application deadline will not have tickets reserved.
• Tickets may be picked up in Student Services (communicated at a later date).
• To receive tickets, students must bring their SCC student ID. Lost tickets will not be replaced.
• Graduates participating in the ceremony wear a cap, gown, and a tassel.
Purchasing information will be communicated at a later date.