Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the College is cancelling all May 2020 graduation and pinning ceremonies. We intend to postpone these events and celebrate our students’ achievements at a later date if permitted. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Announcement and Update page.
The following institutional requirements for graduation must be met:
- All course requirements for the student’s selected curriculum must be successfully completed with at least 25 percent of the curriculum requirements completed through Sampson Community College.
- No more than 25 percent of the curriculum course requirements must be gained through proficiency examinations or experiential learning credit.
- A GPA of 2.00 (“C”) must be attained for courses with the student’s program of study.
- All financial obligations and Library obligations at the College must be met.
Graduation Application Deadlines:
- Students that complete their program in Fall 2019: November 1, 2019
- Students that complete their program in Spring/Summer 2020 : March 9, 2020
**Please Note: You must submit a separate graduation application for each degree or diploma.
- Login to WebAdvisor to review your transcript and determine that you may be eligible to graduate.
- Submit your application for graduation online.
- Your graduation application will be reviewed by the appropriate Department Chair and Registrar
- Once reviewed, the Registrar’s office will notify you, via letter, whether or not your application is approved, along with further graduation information.
- Graduates participating in the ceremony must purchase or obtain graduation regalia which includes cap, gown, tassel, and diploma cover.
- To purchase regalia, you may click the link below to purchase from Herff Jones.
There is no graduation fee. However, students participating in the Spring ceremony must purchase or obtain graduation regalia.
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the College is cancelling all May 2020 graduation and pinning ceremonies. We intend to postpone these events and celebrate our students’ achievements at a later date if permitted.
- Each graduate who indicates they are walking in the Spring ceremony will receive at least 4 guest tickets. Final ticket count will be determined after the graduation application deadline. All guest, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
- Students who do not apply for graduation by the published application deadline will not have tickets reserved.
- Tickets may be picked up in Student Services on April 27 & April 28 from 9 AM – 6 PM.
- Lost tickets will not be replaced.