All students that will have met the necessary academic requirements and intend to graduate this Spring MUST COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FOR GRADUATION.
Graduation Application Deadline
Fall 2017 – November 13, 2017
Spring/Summer 2018 – March 1, 2018
- Log into WebAdvisor to review your transcript and determine that you may be eligible to graduate.
- Submit your Application for Graduation online.
- Your graduation application will be reviewed by the appropriate Department Chair and Registrar.
- Once reviewed, the Registrar’s office will notify you whether or not your application is approved.
There is no graduation fee. However, students participating in the Spring ceremony must purchase graduation regalia, diploma, and cover.
- There is one graduation ceremony each year in May.
- This year’s graduation ceremony will be held Thursday, May 10, 2018.
- Students must indicate on the Application for Graduation if they plan to walk in the Spring ceremony.
- Students who do not indicate they are walking in the Spring ceremony will not have tickets reserved.
Cap & Gown
- Graduates participating in the ceremony must purchase a cap, gown, and degree cover.
- Cap and gown delivery date will be April 26, 2018 from 9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. in the SCC Bookstore.
- Complete set (degree, cover, cap, gown, tassel) = $50.00 (+tax).
- Tassle = $13.00
- Degree = $8.00
- Cover = $10.00
- Each graduate who indicates they are walking in the Spring ceremony will receive at least 4 guest tickets. Final ticket count will be determined after the graduationapplication deadline. All guest, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
- Students who do not apply for graduation by the published application deadline will not have tickets reserved.
- Tickets may be picked up in Student Services on Mon/May 7 or Tues/May 8, 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM.
- To receive tickets, students must bring their SCC student ID. Lost tickets will not be replaced.