The following institutional requirements for graduation must be met:
All course requirements for the student’s selected curriculum must be successfully completed with at least 25 percent of the curriculum requirements completed through Sampson Community College.
1. No more than 25 percent of the curriculum course requirements must be gained through proficiency examinations or experiential learning credit.
2. A GPA of 2.00 (“C”) must be attained for courses with the student’s program of study.
3. All financial obligations and Library obligations at the College must be met.
Graduation Application Deadlines:
Students that complete their program in Fall 2022: October 15, 2022
• Students that complete their program in Spring/Summer 2023: February 1, 2023
• Applications are required whether or not you intend to participate in the graduation ceremony.
**Please Note: You must submit a separate graduation application for each degree or diploma.
• Login to Self-Service to review your transcript and determine that you may be eligible to graduate.
• Submit your application for graduation online.
• Your graduation application will be reviewed by the appropriate Department Chair and Registrar.
• Once reviewed, the Registrar’s office will notify you, via email, whether or not your application is approved.
- Ceremony Date: Thursday, May 11, 2023
- Location: Sampson County Exposition Center
- Time: 4:00 P.M. Associate in Applied Science & Diploma
- Accounting and Finance
- Agribusiness Technology
- Air Conditioning, Heating, & Refrig. Technology
- Applied Animal Science Technology
- Building Construction Technology
- Business Administration
- Construction Management Technology
- Criminal Justice Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Electrical Systems Technology
- Emergency Medical Science
- General Occupational Technology
- Human Services Technology
- Industrial Systems Technology
- Information Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Medial Office Administration
- Office Administration
- Practical Nursing – Diploma
- Welding Technology
- Time: 7:00 P.M. College Transfer Program
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in Science
- Associate in General Education
- Students must indicate on the Application for Graduation if they plan to walk in the Spring ceremony.
- Students who do not indicate they are walking in the Spring ceremony will not have tickets reserved.
- Each graduate who indicates they are walking in the Spring ceremony will receive guest tickets. Final ticket count will be determined after the graduation application deadline.
- All guests, regardless of age, must have a ticket. Guests without a ticket will not be allowed to attend the ceremony, but may view the ceremony streamed live from the College’s website, https://www.sampsoncc.edu/live
- Students who do not apply for graduation by the published application deadline will not have tickets reserved.
- Tickets may be picked up in Student Services beginning Monday, April 24 – Thursday, April 27, 8:00 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.
- To receive tickets, students must bring their SCC student ID. Lost tickets will not be replaced.
- Graduates participating in the ceremony wear a black cap, black gown, and a SCC tassel. You can purchase or borrow regalia, but they must be black.
- Information to purchase regalia will be posted at a later date.