When an employer (other than the armed services) pays tuition for an employee to attend a community college and the employee works at a North Carolina business location, the employer shall be charged the in-state tuition rate (G.S. 115D-39). To qualify, the following must be completed and returned to Sampson Community College prior to registration for the intended semester:
- New students must complete the online SCC Admissions Application (including Residency Determination).
- The employer sponsoring the student must provide a letter, on business letterhead, stating that the student they wish to sponsor is indeed an employee of the business and that the business intends to pay for the student’s tuition and fees with a business check. The exact amount of in-state tuition and fees owed by the student must be included in the letter. This must be provided each semester.
- The employer must complete and sign the Business Sponsorship Form.
- Exact amount of in-state tuition and fees for the student’s enrolled credit hours must be provided on the business check. Checks should be made payable to “Sampson Community College”. Include the student’s full name in the Memo section.
- Bring all required documents and business check to the Director of Admissions in Student Services for verification.