To make general inquiries about Sampson Community College and/or confidential inquiries about the position, the application process, or search process, please contact Ms. Frankie Sutter, Director of Personnel , at 910.592.8081 ext. 2005 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
The following application materials are required and are the only items that will be considered at this point in the process:
Application materials must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. (EST) on October 20, 2017.
Ms. Frankie Sutter
Director of Personnel
Sampson Community College
P.O. Box 318
Clinton, NC 28329
- An earned doctoral degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of five (5) years of demonst rated, exemplary leadership in a comprehensive community college at the level of Dean or above.
- Proven record demonstrating the ability to effectively work with a variety of constituencies including education, business, industry, community, and governmental entities.
- Ability to work effectively with a college foundation and to develop alternate sources of funding.
- Record of positive staff leadership and cooperative team building; commitment to creating and maintaining a climate for personal, professional, and institutional growth and development.
Desired Traits & Characteristics:
- An ethical administrator of great integrity who sets high personal standards with a record of fair and honest leadership resulting in the development of a high level of trust within the College and with the greater community.
- Is an articulate spokesperson for the College , locally , statewide, and nationally; and is politically astute with proven advocacy skills and a solid understanding of local , state , and national legislative processes and issues.
- An understanding and appreciation of the proper relationship between the Board and the President.
- Demonstrated ability to work to resolve controversial issues and problems in a timely and fair manner.
- A visible leader who is accessible to all constituents within the colleges and greater communities and works well with students, faculty, classified staff, and administration.
- An innovative and creative leader committed to academic excellence and student success, possessing the ability to inspire and motivate faculty and staff to fulfill their responsibility to the maximum extent while providing high quality and accessible programs and services to students.
- A visionary leader with demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to instill in others a passion for the mission and a commitment to the core values of the College and respect for its traditions and past success.
- Will actively support the development of effective partnerships with the colleges, business and industry , cultural entities, and civic organizations throughout the service area.
- A leader who is active in the community and who possesses the ability to represent the College well in all settings, maintains a broad perspective, and possesses a sense of humor.
- Has demonstrated a passion for the community college mission and an understanding of the unique role the College plays in the lives of students and the community served.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively oversee the management of fiscal affairs, to ensure the equitable and effective allocation of resources, and to expand the resource base of the College with a proven ability to obtain additional funds through alternative means.
- Understands the importance of building and maintaining facilities so that they are functionally efficient, professionally aesthetic, and create a quality learning environment.