Sampson Community College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, political belief, or handicap. (Absence of handicap is a bona fide qualification in a small number of jobs.) The information requested on the SCC Application for Employment will in no way affect you as an applicant. Its sole use will be to see how well our recruitment efforts are reaching all segments of the population.
Applications can be found by clicking the button below. For additional information in regards to any position posted, contact Ms. Frankie Sutter, Director of Personnel, email@example.com, 910-900-4043, P.O. Box 318, Clinton, NC 28329.
Basic Function and Scope of Job Summary: The Academic IT Support Technician will be called upon to staff a new IT help desk as well as working in classrooms and computer labs. Primary responsibilities are to serve as the principal help desk technician providing support for students.
The technician should be able to diagnose and address basic PC software and hardware problems in a LAN environment, provide technical assistance to students and staff in the Computer Labs, and maintain lab equipment. The technician will respond to customer (staff, faculty or student) requests or problems coming in through phone or email within standard response times and using customer service standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide staff support for the SCC Trouble Ticketing system and other administrative procedures.
- Start with very basic troubleshooting of hardware and software for computer-related problems within the College. Advance to more complex software and hardware-related problems ranging from internal components to external peripherals, such as scanners, printers, and any A/V equipment or electronic podiums. This is considered a Tier 1 support level.
- Provide customer support and service which includes delivery and set up of equipment, lab, and equipment cleaning.
- Basic network troubleshooting relating to printers and network connectivity.
- Provide assistance to engineers and supervisors which include daily duties and project assignments.
- Initial responder to Tier 1 help desk support calls, providing basic answers while creating trouble tickets for follow up.
- Install various software for faculty and students.
Qualifications, Education, and/or Experience:
- Associate Degree in IT-related field or equivalent preparation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products is required
- Working knowledge of Azure Active Directory
- Experience supporting iOS devices is desired
- Dependability and ability to work alone
- Ability to communicate verbally, clearly, and concisely with users, instructors, and team members
- Ability to provide reports in a clear and concise manner
The initial review of applications is July 1, 2020.
The Instructional Designer and Technologist will be responsible for coordinating the introduction and continuous improvement of learning experiences offered in the online environment in the Workforce Development & Continuing Education Division. The incumbent will consult with staff to translate and transform programs, resources, and supports offered to students engaging in digital courses. The Instructional Designer and Technologist will research and identify best practices in learning technologies, student engagement, and support the design and re-design, development, and implementation of online and blended learning experiences. The incumbent will enhance opportunities for experiential learning and engagement utilizing multi-media technology and authoring tools to support and improve the design of courses, in alignment with teaching and learning theories/principles, evidence-based pedagogy, quality standards, and assessment of student learning. The incumbent will provide technical expertise and knowledge by coordinating projects, providing support for various equipment, and overseeing Learning Management Systems.
- Undergraduate in Instructional Design, Educational technology or related field
- 3 years’ experience with learning applications in an Instructional Design role
- Experience developing online training, courses, and materials
- Experience applying universal design for learning principles in an online learning environment
- Experience designing applications in a learning environment is preferred
- Experience with assessing student learning outcomes in an online learning environment is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of student development theories and their application with skills in developing instructional resources and activities
- Knowledge of the educational literature, including online learning, instructional design (e.g. theories, models, best practices), and student learning
- Demonstrated knowledge of online learning principles, strategies, tools and instructional design methods to deliver instructional programs and courses suited to an online learning environment (e.g. frameworks, learning/course management systems, Adobe projects, lecture capture, editing software) and their appropriateness for teaching, learning and online course delivery
- Plan and develop content management shells and designs.
- Familiarity with the best practices in course design, development and evaluation
- Ability to research, evaluate and advise on the viability of new technologies and innovations in online learning
- Ability to adapt to change and master new technical and organization concepts and processes
- Ability to assess course effectiveness
- Ability to collaborate across internal and external boundaries to meet common objectives, improve outcomes and support work beyond one’s own unit
- Communication skills to describe technical concepts effectively to both novice and sophisticated users
- Ability to write clear, concise and accurate technical and procedural documentation (tutorials, handbooks, procedural manuals, etc.)
- Ability to archive reusable content
- Ability to work in a manner that models best practices in confidentiality standards
- Ability to apply critical thinking to evaluate information and make appropriate decisions or recommendations
- Ability to understand customer needs and expectations and provide excellent customer service to directly and indirectly satisfy expectations
- Ability to multi-task and maintain an organized and effective personal work environment
- Ability to remain highly motivated, resilient, innovative, and collaborative when faced with challenges
- Ability to provide guidance to assist others (novice to more experienced) in a way that is positively received
- Computer skills with the ability to creatively use and integrate technology to improve quality and productivity
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office and software and applications related to online learning and instructional design (e.g. Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia, etc.)
- Negotiation and influencing skills to effectively advocate needs and maintain relationships
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve department goals
Review of applications: June 15, 2020.
- Associate Degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution with concentration in surgical technology.
- Must possess a credential in the field of surgical technology through a national certification program that is accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience, either in the operating room scrub role or as an instructor in surgical technology, or a combination of both, within the past ten years.
- Must possess proficiency in instructional methodology, curriculum design, and program planning. Persons approved as program directors under previous standards will continue to be approved in that position at that institution. Program Directors should possess experience/training as an educator.
Review of applications: June 23, 2020.
Requirements: High School Diploma and/or equivalency; NC Electrical Certification; work experience in an industrial environment.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Safety knowledge
- Basic math
- Communicate effectively
- Read blueprints
- Interpret the electrical rules & regulations
- Use power tools
- Installation of switching devices, cables, tubing, & conduits
- Plan & complete an electrical installation in an industrial & residential environments
- Knowledge of electrical safety rules & procedures based on the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OSHA)