New Students

Let's get started...

Effective September 11, 2017, students applying for admission, transfer, or readmission to any N. C. community college or university must establish residency using a Residency Determination Service (RDS) application. This service will allow a student to use one residency determination (in-state or out-of-state) for admissions applications to multiple NC public colleges and universities and to demonstrate residency for financial aid consideration. Learn More

**Due to COVID-19, Student Services at Sampson Community College will be serving all students virtually (via email, phone, and Aviso). For quickest response, please email**

New students must complete an Admissions Application, including a residency determination request. All applicants must complete Residency Determination to determine tuition status (in-state or out-of-state) prior to completing and submitting an Admissions Application. Documentation may be required during this process. Once you have completed your Residency Determination, you will be provided a Residency Certification Number (RCN) that can be used to complete your Admissions Application.

In order to provide adequate time for the processing of application materials and any additional documents prior to the start of classes, priority dates are identified for each semester. For your convenience, SCC strongly encourages you to complete the admissions application and requirements by the priority date corresponding with the semester you wish to start:

  • Fall Semester (June 1st)
  • Spring Semester (Nov 1st)
  • Summer Semester (April 1st)
  • Sampson Promise Scholarship (March 1st)

Sampson Community College strongly encourages you to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible in order to qualify for all forms of federal and state aid you are eligible for. Although we encourage students to complete this application as early as possible, please understand that ALL admissions requirements must be completed before financial aid can be awarded.

An official transcript showing high school graduation or GED completion is required for all students seeking financial aid. Transcripts from other colleges or universities attended are required to verify prerequisite coursework and for transfer credit review.

Applicants should request for complete transcripts be sent to the SCC Admissions Office:

SCC Admissions Office
P.O. Box 318
Clinton, NC 28329

Opened or faxed transcripts are not official.

High School Graduates: Applicants who have graduated from high school should submit an official transcript showing all course work completed and the date of graduation. High school seniors may submit an official partial transcript showing their current courses and the intended date of graduation. It is the student’s responsibility to submit a final high school transcript prior to admission to an Associate Degree or Diploma program. Students currently attending, or previously graduated from, a participating high school may request electronic transcripts on to be sent to Sampson Community College. Electronic requests may be made (1) upon submission of an online admissions application, or (2) directly from within the Application Hub. This service is free of charge to students.

Homeschool Graduates: Applicants must submit a copy of the home school’s approved registration from the state in which they are registered and an official transcript including the graduation date. Official transcripts must be issued by the chief administrator of the home school and show the school’s name and address.

High School Equivalency (HSE) Diploma: Applicants who have successfully completed the High School Equivalency (HSE) program should request for their transcripts to be sent to the SCC Admissions Office. Students can request an official copy of their scores by visiting the following website: Diploma Sender. Please select to order Transcript, instead of Diploma.

Non-U.S. Schools: Official transcripts from non-US schools must be translated and evaluated by any member agency associated with the National Associated of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). For high school transcripts, request a general evaluation showing equivalency to a US high school.  If you are seeking transfer credit from a non-US institution, request a course-by-course evaluation of your college/university transcript. Please visit for more information.

Once a new student has been admitted, they must complete a #BeAViking Enrollment session prior to the start date of their first semester. #BeAViking provides beneficial information about the services and opportunities offered at SCC. Students will also receive guidance in completing the enrollment checklist, including how to register for classes.

Each year, the SCC Foundation helps to change student lives.

For the 2018-2019 academic year, over $85,000 was awarded through 100 different scholarships to more than 125 deserving students. These scholarships help local students, many of whom do not qualify for federal student aid. This money allows students to pay for tuition and books—which in many cases means not having to work two jobs, having extra money for child care, or being able to finish their degree sooner.

If you believe that you will need additional financial assistance for the upcoming academic year, we strongly urge you to apply for the Foundation Scholarship by the application deadline of April 15.

? Congratulations, and welcome to the SCC Viking Family! Once new students have completed a #BeAViking session, they can begin registering and paying for classes. Sampson Community College uses an online system called WebAdvisor that can be used to view course descriptions, view availability of sections for a particular course, and ultimately register and pay for classes.

Let’s proceed with steps to register for courses, shall we?

Related Resources