What is GATEWAY? Guided Approaches to Transfer Experiences that get you on your WAY. This program is designed for current High School students whose ultimate goal is to transfer to a four-year university. After graduating high school, students would attend Sampson Community College for one year to gain valuable academic and social skills to aid with a smooth transition from a small high school to a much larger university. The GATEWAY Program improves participating students’ chances of being accepted into their first choice university by as much as 40%. In addition, participating students and their families can enjoy substantial savings on college expenses vs. students that attend a four-year university directly following high school.
- Indicate your interest on either the Sampson Community College CCP application by checking the GATEWAY box, or if you are already a CCP student, express interest to Mr. Perry Gillespie or Mrs. Susan Baxter to be included in future mailings.
- Discuss your interest and plans with your high school guidance counselor.
- We will check to ensure you qualify for the College Transfer CCP pathway. If you do not, you may still be eligible to participate provisionally while taking selective CCP courses.
- Consider which Career and College Promise courses will work best for you and your high school schedule. A list of suggestions will be provided after you express your interest in the program.
- Enroll in CCP courses, and attend the monthly seminars while in high school. Seminars are open to families and are held at a variety of days/times.
- Enjoy one year at Sampson Community College after your high school graduation. During that year participate in job shadowing, leadership opportunities, application assistance, and short-term study abroad.
- Celebrate your successful transfer to your first choice university and your significant savings from participating in the GATEWAY program.