Financial aid is money to help pay for college expenses and may include grants, work-study, and scholarships. Visit our Types of Aid Available webpage for more information. Students can apply for federal student aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA form applies to a single academic year (fall, spring, summer). That means you need to submit a FAFSA form each academic year you attend.
APPLY FOR OR RENEW YOUR FINANCIAL AID
Step #1: CREATE AN FSA ID USERNAME & PASSWORD (New Students)
- An FSA ID is a username and password that gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature.
- For dependent students, one parent must create their own FSA ID.
- Returning students will need to renew their FAFSA each academic year and will use the same FSA ID they previously created.
Step #2: Complete the FAFSA
- Visit the FAFSA website for a list of items needed to fill out the FAFSA.
- Complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA if you are attending college between July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021.
- Complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA if you are attending college between July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022.
- Use SCC’s School Code: 007892
- We recommend using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to complete your FAFSA. This online tool transfers your federal tax return information into your FAFSA form. It’s easy, fast and accurate.
- Review your answers and, if necessary, correct any before submitting your application
Step #3: Submit all Requested Documents
- Once our office receives your completed FAFSA electronically, we will notify you via mail and your SCC Student email if additional documentation is needed to process your FAFSA. So, please check your email daily for messages from our office.
- Also, you can check your status by logging into your Self-Service account to view a list of required documents that may be needed.
Step #4: Follow Up
- If you are eligible for federal student aid, the SCC Financial Aid Office will mail you an award letter. You can also verify your offer by logging into your Self-Service account.
- If you have not heard from our office within 2 weeks of submitting your FAFSA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 910-900-4320.
DISCLAIMER: These external entities are not owned or supported by Sampson Community College (SCC). SCC cannot be held responsible for these sites including, but not limited to, availability of the site, accuracy of its content, outcome of interaction with the site, and technical support for the site.