Sampson Community College is committed to helping you get the funds you need to pay for your education. We will work with you to obtain scholarships, federal student aid and other forms of assistance for which you qualify.
How much does it cost to go to school?
Students and their families can use the Net Price Calculator to estimate the cost of school. This calculator is intended to provide estimated net price information (defined as estimated cost of attendance — including tuition and required fees, books and supplies, room and board (meals), and other related expenses — minus estimated grant and scholarship aid) to current and prospective students and their families based on what similar students paid in a previous year. Please also refer to the Tuition & Fees Chart for current costs per credit hour for curriculum classes.
How do I apply for financial aid to help pay for school?
To receive any state or federal student aid you qualify for, you must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
What will financial aid pay for?
The US Department of Education will not fund financial aid to pay the cost of curriculum programs (for-credit) containing less than sixteen (16) semester hours. Additionally, financial aid DOES NOT cover any expenses related to Workforce Development & Continuing Education classes and programs (non-credit) .
Curriculum Programs Not Eligible For Financial Aid:
- Applied Animal Science Technology – Certificate
- Building Construction Technology – Carpentry Certificate
- Building Construction Technology – General Contractor’s Preparation License
- Building Construction Technology – Construction Tech Certificate
- Community Spanish Interpreter Certificate
- Community Spanish Interpreter – Native Spanish Speakers Certificate
- Computer Information Technology – PC Repair Tech Certificate
- Computer Information Technology – Web Development Certificate
- Cosmetology – Manicuring Instructor
- Cosmetology – Manicuring/Nail Tech Certificate
- Cosmetology Instructor – C55160
- Criminal Justice – Criminal Justice Certificate
- Information Systems Security – Network Security Certificate (C25270NS)
- Information Systems Security – Network Security Certificate (C25270NT)
- Industrial Systems Technology – Machine Operator I Certificate
- Industrial Systems Technology – Maintenance Operations Certificate
- Industrial Systems Technology – Agricultural Building Maintenance Certificate
- Industrial Systems Technology – Commercial Building Maintenance Certificate
- Nursing Aide
- Office Administration Technology – Medical Transcription
- Payroll Clerk Certificate
- Welding Technology – MIG Certificate
- Welding Technology – TIG Certificate
- Welding Technology – SMAW (Stick) Certificate
- Welding Technology – Symbols & Specifications Certificate
What types of financial aid are available?
**SCC may receive a limited amount of additional state funds throughout the academic year. To be considered for these additional funds, the student must have a current FAFSA on file in the SCC Financial Aid Office.