The Emergency Medical Science, Paramedic Bridging Track is a degree completion track allowing certified non-degree Paramedics to achieve an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Emergency Medical Science. This program is comprised of major EMS courses along with related courses required in the curriculum. It includes required coursework via the Internet and some required work on campus. The majority of coursework is online.
Requirements to Enter the EMS, Paramedic Bridging Track:
- Must be currently certified as an active Paramedic in North Carolina
- Must achieve NREMT certification prior to the last semester attending Sampson Community College.
- Must have completed 1,000 hours of direct patient contact in the EMS field as a Paramedic. An EMS director/training officer must verify this in writing on department letterhead.
- Submit proof of EMS continuing education in the last two years. Copies of the following documents must be submitted with the program application:
- State paramedic certification.
- EMS continuing education records during the current certification period.
- AHA Basic Life Support CPR certification
- ACLS provider
- PALS or PEPP provider
- ITLS or PHTL course or equivalent
- Other relevant EMS Continuing Education
Get Started. Apply Today.
Before registering for classes, all students must complete the General Admissions process. APPLY TODAY.