How to Qualify and Apply
To qualify for the Students Support Services Program, you must ...
- Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- Attend SCC at least half time and working toward an Associate of Science or Associate of Arts degree. (Preference is given to full-time students, but students attending at least half time are welcome to apply.)
- Must be pursuing a degree or plan to transfer to a four-year college or university to earn a bachelor's degree.
- Have an academic need, and
- Meet one of the following three criteria set by the Department of Education:
- Financially limited, according to federal criteria.
- A first generation college student (neither parent has earned a baccalaureate degree).
- A student with a documented disability.
To apply ...
- Complete the Program Application and Needs Assessment and the permission block on the Release of Financial Aid Information available online in the Application Packet.
- Return both documents to the SSS Office in W-211 (Warren Building, Room 211) at Sampson Community College.
- An SSS staff member will arrange an interview appointment. There you will learn more about program and eligibility requirements, services, and the next step to take in the application process.
- Complete the LASSI Assessment.