Internet Usage Policy
- Chat Rooms or other Social services including FaceBook and YouTube must not be accessed on the SCC campus. If needed for classwork, show the assignment to the Lab Assistant.
- Downloading from the Internet is permitted ONLY with permission from the Instructor; specifically videos, games or music.
- Personal use of the computers is not allowed.
- Transmission of any material in violation of any laws, regulations, or board policy is prohibited.
- Users should avoid creating, accessing, displaying, downloading, or transmitting any text, file, picture, graphic or sound clip, nor should users engage in any conference that includes material which is obscene, libelous, indecent, vulgar, profane, lewd or which advertises any product or service not permitted by law.
- Users should avoid creating, accessing, displaying, downloading, or transmitting threatening, racist, sexist, obscene, offensive, annoying or harassing language and/or materials such as broadcasting unsolicited messages or sending unwanted email.
- Computers are the property of Sampson Community College and are subject to be monitored at any time.
Violations of these rules may result in loss of lab privileges and/or probation.