What the Sampson Community College Foundation is about...
The Foundation of Sampson Community College is a nonprofit organization
established by the Board of Trustees in September 1986. The Foundation
is organized to receive gifts of money or property to support the
educational programs of the College. During its brief history, the
Sampson Community College Foundation has established itself as a leader
among two year community college foundations. Its capacity for service
has been strengthened by contributions from individuals, businesses,
industries, and civic organizations.
is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of community leaders
from across Sampson County who serve without pay, and who are elected
to serve on a rotating basis.
The Foundation Directors meet on a quarterly basis to review
and plan the operations of the Foundation. The Board of Directors
serve through a committee structure, and the Board as a whole manages
the gifts and investments of funds contributed to the Sampson Community
...who supports it
YOU, and people like you, support the work of the Sampson
Community College Foundation. Tax funds provide basic operating
resources for Sampson community College, but assure only that minimal
needs are met. Private funds enrich the quality of programs and
services that people from our area have come to expect from Sampson
...why they support the SCC Foundation...
- Sampson Community College is the only post-secondary
institution in our county serving thousands of adult citizens
annually. The major reasons students give for attending Sampson
Community College are:
- to increase their earning and employment potential;
- to save money; and
- because it’s conveniently located.
- Approximately one out of every six adults in Sampson
County will enroll in educational programs provided by Sampson
Community College each year.
- Sampson Community College offers educational opportunities
at 75 sites across the county.
- The census report for 2000 revealed that more than
38% of Sampson County residents age 25 and older had less than
a high school education and 16% were determined to be functionally
illiterate (eighth grade education or less).
- The majority of nurses at Sampson Regional Medical Center
are graduates of Sampson Community College.
- Most of the training for the Emergency Services (Rescue
Squads, Fire Services, and Law Enforcement Training) is provided
through the College.
- Sampson Community College continues to grow and serve
the myriad needs of our county. Our citizens recognize that high
quality technical education is expensive, but it yields high dividends
in our county’s economic development.
- Because Sampson Community College belongs to the people
of Sampson County. It is truly their college at home!
...how to be a part
Gifts may be made to the Sampson Community College Foundation
in almost every conceivable way:
- through the Annual Fund designated to support the College’s
- through Special Gifts for support of particular projects
- Capital Gifts to provide for endowments, buildings,
- Planned Gifts, such as bequests and trusts,
- Through Memorials and Honorariums-gifts may be contributed
to express sympathy in time of bereavement or to honor individuals
still living. Cards acknowledging Memorials and Honorariums are
mailed to relatives and friends.
- Gifts-in-kind of equipment, vehicles, supplies, and
services are welcome.
- Gifts of securities, real estate, and life insurance
policies may also be arranged.
If you have questions about the SCC Foundation, please
call or stop by the Resource Development Office located on the Sampson
Community College campus. You will always be most welcome!