What is Financial Aid?
Financial aid is money to help student with the expenses of
Who is eligible?
All students may be eligible for some type of financial
aid and all are encouraged to apply.
How do I apply?
- Obtain a free application for Federal Student
Aid (FAFSA) form the Financial Aid Office or a high school
- Complete and mail the FAFSA. Include Sampson
Community College’s code (007892) in Step 6. The FAFSA
may also be completed electronically at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- FAFSA’s should be completed and mailed
at least eight weeks prior to enrollment.
- The Financial Aid Office will give written notice
- Scholarship applications are available from the
Financial Aid Office and the high school guidance counselor
- Scholarship applications must be received by
the Financial Aid Office by April 1.
What types of aid are available?
Federal Pell Grant Program
The Pell Grant is a federal aid program that provides (to
eligible students) awards ranging from $400 to $4,000 per
year. Application for the Pell Grant is made by completing
the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA). All students
must apply for this grant in order to be considered for other
Federal Work-Study Program
The Federal Work-Study Program provides part-time jobs to
students who demonstrate financial need. Application for Work-Study
is made by completing the FAFSA and an application for Work-Study
obtained from the Financial Aid Office.
Federal Supplemental Opportunities
The Federal Supplemental Opportunities Grant Program (FSEOG)
is designed to provide grants to exceptionally needy students.
NC Incentive Grant Program
The NC Incentive Grant Program provides financial assistance
to the neediest students whose FAFSA is processed by March
NC Community College Grant
The North Carolina Community College Grant program provides
funds for NC residents attending community colleges who qualify
for a limited amount of Pell Grant funds or are not eligible
for Pell Grant. Application for the NC Community College Grant
program is the FAFSA.
Sampson Community College Foundation
This program provides part-time jobs on campus for students
who may not qualify for Federal Aid.
A partial list of scholarship programs administered by SCC
follows. For information on additional scholarships and application
procedures, contact the Financial Aid Office or download the
scholarship application by clicking here:
DOWNLOAD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Note: You must have Adobe Acrobat
Reader installed to download the form.
For a free version of Adobe
Acrobat Reader click on the following link:
- Charles Collier Community
- NC Nurse Education Scholarship
- North Carolina Nurse Scholars
- SCC Foundation Academic Scholarships
- SCC Foundation Endowed Scholarships
- SCC Foundation General Scholarships
- Sprint Telephone Scholarships
- State Employees Association
of NC Scholarships
- Wachovia Technical Scholarship
Sampson Community College provides small, short-term loans
for students who are expecting other financial aid or who
have emergencies while enrolled. Applications for these loans
are available in the Financial Aid Office and are limited
by availability of funds.
Sampson Community College cooperates with other federal, state
and local agencies for other types of assistance. for information
contact the agency or the Financial Aid Office:
- North Carolina National Guard
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- North Carolina Commission of Indian Affairs
- North Carolina Employment Security Commission
- Sampson County Office of Employment and
- Sampson County Department of Social Services
College Foundation of North