Computer Lab Policy
The following guidelines have been established to provide students and faculty with the equipment and environment needed to complete assignments in classes requiring computer utilization. Please follow these guidelines so everyone will benefit from the facility.
- Computer Classrooms are to be used during class time only. You must have special permission from your instructor to use classrooms any other time. All software programs offered in curriculum classes are offered in the Open Lab.
- Children are not allowed in the Open Lab at any time for any reason. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Food, drinks or containers for such are prohibited in the Open Lab for any reason. Dispose of these before entering the lab.
- Problems with equipment or software should be reported to Lab Assistant or Lab Coordinator immediately.
- Only lab employees are authorized to disconnect or move any equipment; this includes the printer.
- The Open Computer Lab is available to all currently enrolled curriculum students of Sampson Community College.
- The Open Computer Lab is designed to assist students in their studies and to help improve job skills.
- Personal use of the computers is prohibited. They are for academic purposes.
- Students who do not already have class accounts may obtain a login account from the Lab Coordinator.
- Please remember to sign in and out when you are working in the Open Lab.
- Availability of computers is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Do not mark on or otherwise deface computers or other school property. Keep pencils and other objects away from monitors.
- Do not engage in activities that could damage hardware or software, disrupt communications, waste system resources, or overload SCC networks with excessive data.
- All diskettes and flash drives must be scanned for viruses before using them in campus computers. There is a computer at the front of the Open Lab to use for this purpose. If you need help scanning, someone will be happy to assist you.
- Lost objects can be picked up at the Lab Coordinator’s desk or in the lost and found basket on the Work-study desk in the back of the lab.
- Printing is limited to 10 pages per student per day, 5 pages if printing front and back. PowerPoint slides are to be printed as handouts with no less than 6 to a page.
- Clean up your work area and discard any unwanted printouts in the recycle bin by the printer. Throw trash in the can by the door.
- Remember to shut down the computer PROPERLY!
If you have any questions, ask. We will be happy to help you.
The use of the Open Lab is a PRIVILEGE. Don't abuse it!