to the Basic Law Enforcement Training Program
Applicants who wish to become a certified law enforcement
officer may enroll in the
Basic Law Enforcement Training program. To be admitted, applicants
the following admission requirements:
- Student Letter Describing Class rules, requirements, materials, etc. (click here to download letter).
- Submit an online application for admissions (click here to complete application).
- Must be at least 20 years old.
- Must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid North Carolina Driver's License
at time of orientation.
- Obtain a sponsorship from a law enforcement agency.
- Complete a Personal History Statement (click here to complete statement to complete).
- Complete a standard medical history statement
(F1 - click here to download a copy of the statement to complete) and a medical examination report (F2 - click here to download a copy of the statement to complete, click here for a copy of the Implementation Manual for medical screening).
A medical doctor must complete the medical examination report
no more than thirty days before the beginning of the course.
College does not schedule or pay for physical examinations.
- Have no record of an arrest or a conviction of
a felony as defined in the NC Administrative Code, Title
12, Sub-Chapter 9-B, as revised, and includes certain misdemeanors.